Thursday, December 12, 2013

What a difference a week makes!

By the grace of God, Grace continues stepping in the right direction.  She woke up this morning and the first thing she did was get ready to…
have her chest tube and pacing wires removed from inside her chest, as well as having the tape pulled off her face, since she has proved that she no longer needs oxygen.  
Taaaa Daaaa!!!

I continue to be amazed at how well Grace is recovering.  One week ago today, Grace could barely stay awake, was dry heaving all the time, and was one day away from surgery.  I never could have imagined that one week later she would be doing this well and the doctors would be discussing possible discharge some time next week.  I think they feel a little more comfortable discharging us this early, since I told them we are going to stay in the area for a week or two to do our follow up appointments here.  Thank you for continuing to lift up Grace and our family in your prayers.  Grace has her echo tomorrow morning at 10:00am.  Please pray that there is no mitral stenosis and no mitral regurgitation, the pressure in her aorta's and ventricle's are at the right levels, and that no new concerns arise.  I trust that Grace is in God's hands, which is the best place she can be, and since He knows the plan and outcomes already, then we can comfortably rest in that.


It's me- What a difference a week makes!  A week ago today (as David mentioned), Grace was so sick that we were desperate to get her into the OR as soon as possible, we learned that our dear G'ma Vee Bee went home to be with the Lord, and my dad (who has had two quadruple bypasses and a number of other risk factors) went to the ER with chest pain.  Today, we celebrate a new mitral valve for Grace, the tune up that my dad's heart got yesterday (and he got to come home today), and the wonderful memories of, gratitude for, and peace about G'ma Vee Bee's home coming! Praise and victory be to the Lord!

Abby had another bout of tears at school today because she saw a picture of her Daddy and Gracie (the pictures were on a poster that she made to share with her class for a project), but her precious teacher who always has the perfect solution for helping her process and express her feelings in a meaningful way came to the rescue.  The next 8 sleeps can't come fast enough for all of us (it's been about 2 months since the kids have seen their daddy and Gracie)!  When I think about what it will be like to see the kids lay eyes on their daddy and Gracie, it brings me to tears and then I think about what I will do…  my heart leaps out of my chest just thinking about it, but I'm seriously afraid that I will injure Grace when I see her because I just want to hug, kiss, squeeze and snuggle that little honey… I just can't resist the many faces and sweetness that is our Gracie Doo!



And then there are those precious eyes that I just can't wait to see in person again…

Luckily, David is tough because I can't wait to do the same to him too!!!


Grace's echo tomorrow is SUPER DUPER important because it will tell us how her heart likes her new mitral valve.  Will you please cover her echo that is scheduled for 10:00 EST tomorrow in prayer?

Thank you sweet, sweet, sweet Village!

GRACIE STRONG (in God's strength)

No comments: