Friday, December 6, 2013

Surgery is under way

The nurse woke me and Grace up at 6:30 this morning and said that it was time to get Grace ready to go downstairs for surgery.  We got downstairs around 7:00 am and by 7:20 she was being rolled off to the operating room.  Grace was as joyful as could be this morning, waving and smiling at everyone that came within 10 feet of her crib.  If someone didn't notice her waving to get their attention, she would just pause and wait for the next victim to attack with waves.  As they wheeled her off in her crib, she was laying down and all I could see were her hands sticking straight up in the air, still waiving!  I love that little girl!  

I just got a call at 9:30 that they were just beginning the incision.  I was prepped by everyone to expect the whole surgery to take a long time and that the length of time on the disecting process would be longer than in the past because of all the scar tissue that will have built up recently.  

Please continue praying!!!  Pray for Kristi as well, I dropped the ball in a big way this morning and did not call her before Grace went to surgery and Kristi really wanted to talk to her and see her before she went back.  I can't imagine how difficult it is for Kristi this time, being so far away, so it doesn't help very much when I forget some pretty important details.  

Thank you everyone!  I will attempt to post more updates as I get them.

No comments: