Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A day of praise worthy news...

There is much praise worthy news for today…

Grace's cardiologist and surgeon are both really impressed with how well Grace looks (Praise be to God).  Her cardiologist has mentioned a couple of times now, how Grace has an incredible way of "drawing people in," as well as how good her gross motor skills are for having Up's and having been through 5 major surgeries in 15 months (Praise be to God again).  It sounds like she should get her drainage tube out tomorrow, she did vomit some today, but not as much as she had in days past, and lastly, see if you notice what else is different…

Andrew's response to the question "can you tell what is different about Grace in this picture?" was (with great excitement)… "She's doing her Downsy Doo face!"  Abby of course noticed immediately that "she doesn't have the oxygen things in her nose!"  They left the stickers on her face just in case she needs the nasal canulas back on, but I can't tell you how this momma's heart lept, getting to see her face with much less obstruction on it.  As it is, I can't believe that she has two new teeth on top (making for a total of 5 teeth), her hair has grown so much, and she has a new "trick" where she blows kisses that sound just like Mickey and Minnie (when you see them at Disneyland).  I wish I could say that she's "growing up so fast, right before my eyes," but she's not, she's growing up so fast 2,000 miles away.  9 MORE SLEEPS until I get to kiss those cheeks and kiss my man (thanks to God's provision through so many of you precious Village members)!!!
 This picture was taken this morning before they removed her oxygen

The other huge praise is that my dad had a heart catheter done today (in the Medical Center by a highly recommended cardiologist :-) and they were able to place a large stent, repairing two areas of blockage that were right next to each other, causing 90% blockage in one of his major arteries.  He may even get discharged tomorrow!  Praise be to God AGAIN!!!

So many of you have blessed us with the most perfectly worded card, hand written note, text, e-mail, gift, donation at a time when we needed that exact encouragement most.  Today we received a card and gift from a sweet couple that are friends of my parents.  While I've never met them in person, they are special to us because the husband was in my dad's platoon in Vietnam, fighting along side of my dad through some pretty devastating days in battle.  Have I mentioned how much I love and admire our military men and women, past and present?  Anyhow, this card that I received today is one that once again penetrated my heart and I'm wondering if any of you need this reminder today too...  
 The word that jumped off of this card and into my heart was the word "victory."  I have not felt very victorious the past 2 months, instead I have felt sort of beat up.  However, it reminded me of the scripture verse that says "The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you."  The awesome news is that whether you are a gambling person or not, you can bet with 100% certainty that if God is in the fight, He will win the battle 100% of the time because He has already won (by putting on human flesh to live the life that we could never live and dying the death that we deserve to die)! God has never left or forsaken us, so while He may lead us into battle, if we choose to get behind Him, allowing Him to lead us and even carry us when we are weary, we will learn to value the Victor (Him) above the victory (the outcome that we want).  Praising God for giving us more of Himself as we endure this fight and we are so grateful for a hint of victory today (Grace on the road to recovery, my dad getting his heart repaired, and 9 sleeps until our family is reunited)!

Village, you continue to inspire and encourage us daily with your faithful prayers and support! 

GRACIE STRONG (in God's strength)

2 comments:

Julie said...

So thankful that ya'll (had to say it) have a renewed spirit today and strength. Gracie looks awesome, what a blessing to feel victory today after the battle! Praying that God continues to show you His blessings!

Unknown said...

Praise be to God! All I can say is, "God really knows what is is doing!" Just continue to trust Him.

Hugs and kisses.