Monday, December 9, 2013

Scrunched nose smiles...

Grace has been downgraded, which in this case is a good thing.  We are back on the floor again and Grace is doing pretty good.  Before having her valve replaced, Grace would sleep for three to four hours in a row, then she would wake up for about an hour and take a bottle, dry heave, and go back to sleep for another three to four hours, and she would still sleep the whole night through.  Now that she has a new valve, Grace sleeps for about an hour, stays awake for two to three hours, including in the middle of the night.  The only concerns pertaining to Grace have to do with the fact that she still has her chest tube in and continues to put out about 300cc per day, but at least it is not fresh blood that she is draining.  Please pray that her chest tube drainage will begin to decrease.  Also, Grace is still vomiting, or trying to vomit, during or after her feeds, although it is not nearly as much or as frequent as it was prior to surgery, and she is no longer dropping her heart rate and oxygen saturation's when she does this.  Please pray that whatever is causing her queasiness will start to go away and Grace will begin tolerating her feeds much better.  I can't believe it is only 11 more days until I get to see Kristi and the kids...so close, yet so far.

It's me-  I have some thoughts that I would love to share with y'all, but I'm one tired Momma, so it will have to wait.  Until then, here are some precious pictures of our littlest angel, who lights up my life with her sweet faces!  I hope that these pictures make you smile too…

SPA DAY!!!  Gracie getting her hair washed...

"Here is my Mommy's favorite 'scrunched nose' smile, but it's very hard to get a good 'scrunch' going with these tubes in the way.  I'm just making sure that I still got it…"

Here's a raspberry for you…  this could mean a lot of things, like "hellloooooo, I'm awake and ready for you to come play with me" or "I love you" or "let's play… I'll do it, then you copy me" or if my raspberry's get louder and closer together, I'm likely saying "I don't like what your doing to me! Please STOP!!!"

Update on my Dad- He was successfully transferred to the Medical Center tonight after having to pull some strings today to make it happen, but super grateful that it did!!!

We continue to feel and need your prayers, so thank you so much and please keep them coming :-)!

Clinging to this verse tonight…
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." 

GRACIE STRONG (in God's strength)

1 comment:

Caryn said...

Such a sweet baby! Still praying!