Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Discouraged and renewed in the same post...

Not much to update today. Grace is doing great and enjoyed our brief moments outside in the cold. We went to the market to get some small Christmas decorations and a tabletop Christmas tree for the hotel room, as well as some Lysol to ensure this room is disinfected. Abigail continues to run a fever, so please pray that her fever comes down soon and the rest of the family is spared from any sickness. Grace has her follow-up appointment with her cardiologist tomorrow morning, which will include an echo, please pray that everything looks well and that Grace isn't having any heart related issues. Also, please continue to pray for poop. Grace pooped on the day we were discharged, but hasn't gone again since then.  Thank you for your prayers, support, and encouragement.

It's me-  As David mentioned, Abby is still running a fever, not as high as it was on Tuesday, but she still had a fever this evening.  She says that she feels fine, just a little tired and she's heart broken about not being able to go to school again tomorrow, but I guess the praise is that she loves school so much.  I find myself getting discouraged and fearful that she isn't going to be better by Friday and that Andrew and I are going to get it (or that David and Grace will get sick).  At which point I have this ongoing conversation with God "God!  It feels like I cant catch a break!  Does it HAVE to be this way?!?!"  To which He replies "yes, my child, trust me."  Then I practice submitting my weary and fearful mind and body to Him and try to rest in His promises "It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." (Deuteronomy 31:8).  I'm sure I have shared this ongoing conversation with God, with y'all before, but that's what is on my heart and mind tonight because it is honestly a day by day, hour by hour, and sometimes minute by minute process that I have to go through these days :-).  God has used so many of you to hug us on His behalf, blessing and encouraging us along the way…  

Wow! A perfect example of a hug from God, that couldn't be more perfectly timed and orchestrated, happen just now!  I'm in awe and filled with tears because David and I were just talking about what we will do for meals on Christmas Day (in a hotel), wondering if there will be anything open…  As I'm sitting here typing, fighting the temptation to feel defeated, I receive a message from the sweet family (in Boston) that brought David the most amazing Thanksgiving meal while he was in the hospital with Grace, saying that they would like to bring us a meal on Christmas Day!  This amazing family was complete strangers on Thanksgiving Day when they brought David food, but they are now treasured friends that I can't wait to meet and hug their necks in person!  Thank you God for the reminder that you have got this! 

Thank you for praying us through each day, sweet Village!  We need your prayers in a big way tonight.  Please pray specifically for a good echo and clinic visit tomorrow for Grace, healing of Abigail and protection from any sickness for the rest of us.  With much humility and gratitude, THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Kathy A. said...

Oh dear, CODE BROWN again! I told my bible study group that the main problem now was poop, and we agreed that as "old people" we can relate!

Praying not just for poop but for germs to FLEE for good. And for the weather to cooperate across the country for all those who are traveling. SO thankful for the family that is ministering to you in such a huge way. Thanks God!
Love, Aunt Kathy