Sunday, October 20, 2013

Post op day 9...

Today's PRAISES...
-Grace got a bath for the first time in 10 days!!!
-X-RAY looked much improved today, so we are on for a sedated echo at 9:00 am EST tomorrow
-No more oxygen (for now at least :-).  They may put it on her while she sleeps, but praising God for the oxygen free face for now
-I got to spend some time hanging out and chatting with my Daddy (while my sweet step-mom played with Abigail and Andrew :-)
-Abigail and Andrew continue to bless me with their silly antics and sweetness.  Andrew melts my heart when he randomly says "your the best Mommy ever.  I'm grateful God gave me you as a Mommy because I wouldn't want any other Mommy." Another measure of sweetness was when we were all suppose to be sleeping last night and I could see Andrew just rubbing Abby's cheek and then her hand (I can't help but praise the Lord constantly for their relationship). Abby blesses me with her servants heart.  She will almost always help Andrew pick up his room without being asked or she will rush to do something that I've asked Andrew to do (most often it is to put his clothes or toys in his room :-).  She will let Andrew choose first on most things and looks for opportunities to encourage him and others (especially kids with special needs...  I have some precious stories to share with y'all about how God is using Grace in Abby and Andrew's lives, giving them a love and passion for special needs kids).  Don't get me wrong they are in NO way perfect kids, they are sinful human beings just like the rest of us, but their silliness and sweetness really minister to me for which I'm super grateful for (especially during times like this where I feel broken inside missing David and Grace)!

Today's PRAYER REQUESTS...
-Grace's sedated echo tomorrow morning would produce stellar results!
-Grace would keep her oxygen levels in the mid 90's on her own
-They would be able to easily and quickly find the right lasiks dose for long term maintenance.  She is on 2 different lasik type medications, one of which she can't go home on, so they need to find the balance of keeping the fluid off without drying her out on just the one medication
-Peace, strength, and joy despite our family being split up :-(


Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments: