Friday, March 1, 2013

"two more sleeps" until we leave!


I can't believe that we leave for Boston in "two sleeps" (as Abigail and Andrew would say)!  I just wanted to introduce you to the newest member of our family...  

Her name is "Lovey!"  Abigail and Andrew picked out this puppy dog at Build a Bear because she had hearts all over her (representing Grace's upcoming heart surgery).  They put a recorded message in two of her paws.  Abigail said "I love you Gracie!  You are a tough little cookie.  I'm praying for you."  Andrew said "I love you Gracie!  I 'm praying for you.  I can't wait until you come home so that I can snuggle you."  We promised them that we would take "Lovey" with us to Boston and play there message to her often so that she will be comforted hearing her Big Brother and Sister's voice.  I must say it was all (BOTH) David and I could do, not to fall out in tears as we heard them record their personal message to their Little Sister :-).  Gracie loves "Lovey"!!!!

We are so excited to go to Boston and (Lord willing) get Gracie's heart fixed (or closer to being fixed)! This is crunch time family and friends...  we need your prayers more now than ever, so we humbly ask that you continue to cover us in prayer as we begin our journey Sunday morning (our flight leaves at 11:00 am Central Time)...  Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will do my best to post updates at least once a day while we are in Boston, since you are all a special part of "Team Gracie Doo" I want to make sure that y'all know what is going on!

One more specific prayer request...  Will you please pray that we would have soft and open hearts toward other families, Dr's, nurses, etc in Boston (not inward focused on our own situation), so that we would be ready and willing to love on and encourage them.


2 comments:

Tricia Keierleber said...

Love Lovey! And can't believe y'all held it together so well! :) so sweet!

Been praying since Gracie was in your womb and haven't stopped. Specifically I've been praying that y'all as a fam will be prepared for this trip and that this is the last surgery she'll need because she'll be fully fixed!

Love y'all so much!

Elise said...

I second Tricia! Gracie has been in our prayers since meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings :)

This will be a time to forget all that the enemy says and focus on what God says.

God is good all the time!!!

We will miss you so very much and will be praying. Please update us as much as you can!!!