Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Surgery day is here!

Gooooooo, Team Gracie Doo!!!  Sorry for the delayed post, I keep getting side tracked talking to people :-)

They took Grace back from pre-op at about 8:30 am.  At our first update, they had made the incision around 10:00 and we just got another update that she is now on bypass and they are beginning the repair.

God reminded me last night, as I was feeling a little anxious, that the reason for the tension was because my fists were clenched...  I was holding on so tightly to what I hoped for (a full bi-vent repair right now, the fear that they may not be able to do it in the future if the left ventricle and valve don't grow, etc) and the moment that I mentally unclenched my fists and opened my hands to God's will (even if it hurts :-) I felt an overwhelming sense of peace.  The kind of peace that can only come from our almighty, holy, gracious, sovereign, loving, merciful, and all around AWESOME Heavenly Father!

Next update should come in about an hour to an hour and a half...

Keep the prayers coming, our sweet prayer warriors!  All of your prayers, encouraging words and support have blessed our socks off!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is the verse on your shirts? Can't quite make it out. Thanks and much love and prayer coming your way. Catherine

Keith Askin said...

Hi Catherine. This is PaPa, Kristi's Dad. In case Kristi & David are real busy, the verse is II Cor 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."