Saturday, June 21, 2014

Exciting Times...

We have done a terrible job taking pictures lately, so I apologize that I don't have many to share, but I do have some fun updates on some of Grace's new "tricks"...

This week Grace decided to crawl (on all fours) and bear crawl all over the house.  She's been army crawling for a long time now, but has had NO interest in crawling on all fours until this week.  She also mastered...
drinking out of a straw!  This may not seem like that big of a milestone, but for kiddos with Up's, it's huge (it's also an important skill for speech development)!  She has also started trying to say more words versus signing them (YAY!)!  

This video doesn't show any of Grace's new words, but instead some of her most common words.  She always wants to know where her "Tither" and "Bubba" are.  This was part of our conversation right after I got her up from her nap.  She was wanting to know where her "Tither" was and even suggested that we call her :-)...  The big kids were swimming with my dad while David and I tried to pack and get things done around the house.

These all qualify as reasons to celebrate in our household (although our threshold for "reasons to celebrate" is pretty low, we like to celebrate everything :-).  Grace has taught us how to find joy, celebrate, and praise The Lord for ALL things, big and small.  This is one of many reasons why when people say, "I'm sorry," when hearing that we have a daughter with Up's, I REALLY want to respond with, "oh don't feel sorry for me, I feel sorry for you that you don't have a Downsy Doo :-)."  I haven't actually said that to anyone yet, for fear that it may not translate how I feel in my heart appropriately and somehow offend someone (my intent is simply that what seems to so many others as a sad thing is really such a treat!).

We are suppose to leave for Family Camp tomorrow!  Who's excited?!?! 
This crazy kiddo is... and the big kids are even more excited than Grace, so you can imagine the energy level in the Ross household!

Will you please continue to pray for health and safety before camp and during camp?  I have had to continually give my fears, that someone is going to get sick or hurt, over to the Lord repeatedly this week because that type of obstacle would not be foreign to our Divinely designed roller coaster of a journey :-).  Clinging to this verse...

1 Peter 5: 6-8: Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

In fact, already Andrew has a huge gash on his arm from taking a spill on his bike and TODAY he got a huge gash on the bottom of his foot while swimming at my parents house.  Also, Grace has been teething throughout the week (she's getting two teeth on the top and a couple of molars).  Your prayers for health and safety are greatly needed and appreciated.  Will you please also pray that Family Camp is a super blessed time for our whole family (a time to be refreshed, while pouring into to our family and the other families and counselors, and that we may grow closer to the Lord)?


Thank you for your prayers!  We love you, Village!!!


No comments: