Monday, March 27, 2017

When it rains, it hails...

Update on Grace's appointment and Andrew:

***When it rains...  it hails!  Grace's gradient across her mitral valve was almost double what it's been :-(.  Her cardiologist said that she doesn't want to make decisions based on one reading (there's always a chance her body is still recovering from the illness she had a week and a half ago or she is about to get sick and her heart is just showing early signs of that), so we are going to recheck her gradient in a month.  If it's still high, we will have to go to Boston to have her valve dilated.  David made the joke that one of us might have to take Grace to Boston and the other take Andrew to Iowa and Abigail would come with one of us.  Dear Lord, please don't let that be the case!  That is not the least bit funny to me, who needs to keep her man and little chicks together as much as possible.  In the event you don't know us personally, let me let you in on a little secret...  In only God's strength, David is the rock of this family.  That guy is unwavering in his faith, has a way of seeing everything through God's eyes, and shepherds our family through the toughest of times with such grace, confidence, and dependance on the Lord (it can seriously only be a big, giant, amazing, awesome God that is responsible for equipping him to do such a difficult, sometimes impossible job).  It is for this reason I can't imagine taking any of the kids for any sort of scans or treatment without him.  Will you please pray that God would work out and bless all of the details?

***Andrew continues to have excruciating pain that has the ability to break the girls (me, Abigail, and Grace) down because we hate to see him suffer and have no way to take away his pain.  Don't get me wrong, it's hard for David to watch too, he just doesn't cry along with Andrew like we do ;-).  David called University of Iowa again today to let them know we just got news that we may need to take one of our other children to Boston for an intervention soon, so we would really appreciate a call back from them with some insight as to when they would like us to come out and what our next steps need to be.  That was at about 3:45 pm today and we have not heard back yet.  Will you please continue to pray that the Lord would make His will clear, take care of all of the details, and we would have peace in the process?

Y'all continue to blow our minds with your kindness and generosity!  We can't thank you enough for constantly reminding us that you are in this battle with us and that we aren't alone.  THANK YOU!!!

"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.  In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name."  Psalm 33:20-21


No comments: