Saturday, April 6, 2013

Power of prayer...

I've been meaning to post a quick update all week...  Since my last post, Grace has been doing a little better on her eating and sleeping.  We still have a ways to go, but we are SO grateful for any improvement!  This week I would constantly find myself, crunching numbers in my head (if we increase Grace's calories by this much and feed her this often, then...); wondering if the pressure in her valve could be attributed to low fluid volume intake; questioning if she was having low potassium because she's on Lasiks and not eating much, etc...; just trying to "figure out" what was going on with Grace and how to fix it.  God, in His mercy, would gently remind me that there is nothing I can do in my own strength to "help" Grace (which I totally know, but I guess I need to be reminded of that time and time again :-).  These reminders came in many forms, beginning with the first Facebook post I saw in the morning...

Then, on the way to work, one of my favorite pastors, Tony Evans, was on the radio preaching about the same exact topic...

Then, I called David on my drive home from work and after he gave me an update on how Grace had been eating that day (which was better), I again asked my "trying to figure it out" question.  I asked him "what do you think it is that has caused her to eat more?" I was thinking maybe a different feeding strategy, technique, etc, and David responded in full confidence and very matter of fact, "it is everyones prayers." He was and is exactly right!  There is no question that your prayers have been heard and felt! The point of this post is to thank you and ask that you PLEASE continue to pray for us.  Will you please pray that Grace continues to eat more, she gains weight, and her chest x-ray looks great on Wednesday at her Cardiology appointment?

On another note...  Abigail and Andrew had their first soccer game of the season today and they both did GREAT!  David and I can't stop talking about how much fun we had watching them!  They are on the same team and their coach is a friend from church (he and his sweet wife teach Andrew's class in children's church and they also taught Abigail when she was in the 4 year old class, so both kids know and love their coach).  What a treat!!!  I'm bummed that I didn't take more pictures or video, but I will do better next week...

This was during practice...

Abby scored a goal, had an assist, and hustled the whole time!  Andrew surprised us with his hustle and drive to get in the middle of all the chaos to try to get the ball.  They both took a couple of good spills and got right back up to keep playing!  We were so proud of them!

Grace and Papa hanging out during the game...


No comments: