We certainly have praises to share from our cardiologist appointment today...
1) Grace gained weight :-)
2) Her chest x-ray looked the same as last week (not any worse :-)
3) Her oxygen levels were on the lower side of her normal, but her Dr wasn't too concerned about that
1) We have a sedated echo again next week and if the gradient (pressure) across her mitral valve is the same as last week or worse we will be headed back to Boston for one of two interventions: A heart catheter (which is an invasive procedure, but NOT open heart surgery) where they would put a small pin-hole in between the two top chambers of her heart to act as a pop off valve to relieve some of the pressure; the other (much less desirable) option is that Grace would have another open heart surgery to repair the valve.
2) Please pray that Grace continues to eat better and gain weight, the fluid in her lungs would get better, and if it is the Lord's will that the gradient in her mitral valve would be significantly decreased.
3) We would love to hear that there isn't any intervention needed, but it seems as though that will not be a likely scenario, so will you please pray for wisdom for her Dr's as to what Grace needs and that we can have peace in what ever decision they make?
It is easy to begin thinking about all of the details that would go back into another and unexpected trip to Boston, so I'm trying to focus on the Philippians 4:6 - "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." And Isaiah 40:28-29 - "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."
4) Please pray for peace and strength for David and I as God's will is revealed.
And Grace smiles on... LOVE this little honey!!!