Sunday, October 25, 2015

3 hours left...

Somehow life seems to move at a lightening speed and many days I feel like I'm just hanging on for dear life, but it is a sweet ride never the less.  Here are some random, funny, and praiseworthy events over the past week or so.

-An area in my life that I can be tempted to give into worry is when it comes to the kids health (especially Grace).  I fear someone in the house getting sick because if Grace gets sick it could mean a hospital stay, if the big kids get sick it's so hard to keep them from giving it to Grace (it's hard to keep your hand and lips off of her no matter how hard you try) and I hate for them to have to miss school (they really do love school and nobody likes to get behind).  Grace had a tummy bug a few weeks ago and I couldn't stop thinking about what a finely tuned dance it was (which was a blessing to watch unfold)...  as David and I were getting ready one morning, Andrew comes running full speed into our bathroom to tell us to come quickly because Grace was throwing up.  As I rushed to Grace in the front room, I see Abigail telling Grace, "It's okay, Grace," while catching the throw up in her hands, so that it wouldn't get on the rug (I'm telling you, she's already got some crazy good mommy skills).  I was so proud of the kids for having such a great strategy of teamwork in caring for Grace.  Abigail caught the throw up while sending Andrew to get help.  After the chaos of the morning settled down, I began to worry if Abigail washed her hands well enough after catching the throw up.  She is usually VERY good about joining me in my hand washing, cleaning, and lysol endeavors; however, outside of squirting the hand soap in her hands for her I didn't get to watch how thoroughly she washed them.  All I could picture was that nasty tummy bug making it's way through our whole house.  I've continued to give my worry to the Lord and turn my "what if's" to "even if's," but the fear of sickness likes to lurk around every corner, so I have to stay on guard, keeping my eyes on the Lord, not my circumstances or "what if's."  Praise the Lord that we dodged the tummy bug bullet from a few weeks ago, so please pray that our family continues to stay healthy.  

Sickie Grace :-(

"Thank you for taking care of me Sissy!"

-weekends usually involve at least two soccer games, except last week Abby had a tournament, so we had 4 games last weekend.  Her team played up an age group (she is U9, but they played against U10 girls).  The girls they played against were much bigger than them (especially bigger than Abby, who is already pint size for her age), but in one particular game the size difference was just down right comical.  I have to say that the girl Abby was defending in this picture was a gentle giant, in that she was a great soccer player, however she didn't throw her size around in an unfair, nasty way (like some teams did).  I seriously wanted to find her parents to tell them what an amazing daughter they had. 

Sorry it's a picture of a picture on my phone.


Speaking of pint sized, this was a funny moment that happened this weekend.  I looked at Abby in her pajamas and wondered why they have to make girls shorts so short these days.  After further inspection, I realized that the reason for the daisy dukes is because my 8 year old was wearing my 3 year old's pajama shorts that were actually a size 24 months!  Despite being short, they fit her pretty good!  

-Grace has been going pee pee and poo poo in the potty most of the time these days.  I was especially proud of her for going pee pee in the potty at a restaurant and friends houses (unfamiliar places to her).  At my most recent parent conference with Grace's (super awesome) teacher, she said she thought Grace was ready to potty train, as in wear panties to school when we are ready, so that is what we are working towards.  So grateful to have such an amazing team of people at the Rise School who know and love Grace as if she's their own.  Here is her precious class at school...
These kids seriously love each other. I love to hear Grace tell me stories about each of them.

They had a pumpkin patch at school this week and I was impressed with Grace's pumping picking skills.  Her teacher said that she sat on all of the pumpkins to decide which one she wanted to take home.  She certainly picked a winner because the pumpkin that she brought home is a perfect place to sit.

Random school pics...

Grace choosing a snack

Tickling the baby...

-Andrew had a school project where we had to make a scarecrow.  As I've mentioned before, I'm FAR from crafty, so anytime I hear that the kids have a project I get anxious.  Two years ago when Abigail had to make her scarecrow, my mother in love was living with us because David and Grace were in the hospital in Boston, so she took the lead on all things creative.  I was a little lost to say the least, as to when I was going to have time to get supplies, much less help Andrew come up with an idea for this scarecrow.  Once again she came to my rescue by helping Andrew develop his idea and brought a ton of supplies for us to get creative with.  Andrew and I actually enjoyed doing this project together, despite the burns I sustained on my fingers from using a glue gun.  I loved to see and hear all of Andrew's creative ideas that I didn't know exactly how to execute, but he sure did :-).  Here is his masterpiece...

Our handsome Cub Scout...

Besties being all kinds of silly...

***There are THREE hours left (until 10:00 pm CST) to get your Grace's Village shirt!  Thank you to each and every one of you who have shown your love and support by buying a shirt and/or donated to Gigi's Playhouse Sugar Land! It is because of you that we met and exceeded our goal, so thank you, thank you, thank you!  I get an email each time someone buys a shirt, so each time I see the name of the person/family who bought a shirt(s) my heart is humbled and grateful, almost to tears (no joke), because of how much your support means to me and the bigger goal of bringing a Gigi's Playhouse to our local community.  Please know that I praise the Lord for you often!  


No comments: