Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Stupid Tummy Pain

We could use prayer for Andrew’s pain... his pain is at an all time high this week. The pain is so bad that he throws up from it. Could this be what the Dr’s mentioned... increased pain from the tumors dying?!?! We can only hope and pray that’s the case! Please join us in praying his pain is a result of PRRT working, it passes quickly, and for peace in the process. This is just a glimps of what cancer looks like first thing in the morning and at night (or even the middle of the night)...



I’ve given up trying to make A+B=C because A+B=but God in our crazy world (I guess I’m a slow learner, since we tend to learn this lesson repeatedly in intense ways). God has been very clear this week as to what He is calling me to do; I need to trust God enough to lay my boy on the alter (just like Abraham was called to sacrifice Isaac) AND LEAVE HIM THERE!  I feel like I’ve surrendered Andrew to the Lord repeatedly, but somehow in my fear and desire to care for my boy and make sense of this scary mess, I’ve realized I keep taking him back. Andrew (Grace and Abby) are His, so I’m choosing to surrender him and my will to our good, good Father who is worthy of our hope, trust, and praise. Releasing the white knuckle grip I have on Andrew is mortifying, but full of freedom as I watch the color return to my hands and the calm that stills my heart.

Your prayers are our life line, please keep them coming! We 💚you! 

3 comments:

Julie said...

Praying for those tumors to die, and for the pain Andrew is experiencing! I am also praying for you Kristi, that you could give Andrew up totally to God. What a humbling, hard thing to do, and yet, your faith is growing so much during all of this! :) Hugs and love from Iowa.

Kathy A. said...

Sweet boy, all of us here in Iowa are praying mightily. I HATE that he has to go through this! But we are all children of God and must walk through the valleys with TRUST, even though those valleys sometimes seem unbearable. Easier said than done of course. My dream is to be able to take Andrew (whose cancer will be in remission) to an Iowa football game and be able to wave at all those kids in the Children's Hospital!
He already has his Iowa shirt! :)

We love all of you and continue to lift you up,
Aunt Kathy

IronManMommy said...

Wow, wow, and wow! The love you (and your family) have for God and one another is the one of the most beautiful things I've witnessed. Speaking from personal experience (my son has had three heart surgeries), "letting go and letting God," is one of the most terrifying and freeing feelings- all at once liberating and confining. But in this way, we know our children never leave us and can be certain their destination (like ours) is Heaven. Please know someone in this world is praying that you and your husband get to see all of your children and grandchildren grow. Faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains, so imagine what faith the size of a mountain can move (tumors, fear, etc...) My heart is happy picturing the laughter of your kiddos at the playground and the special moment Grace and Charlie showed one another their brave hearts. ❤️

Cheers to years of joy and happiness despite pain and suffering. Cheers to God's comfort in all things.

Sabrina Tremayne
www.happyheartsforabit.com