Sunday, March 2, 2014

Out of the mouth of babes...

I don't have much to update y'all on except for the fun birthday festivities that I was blessed enough to experience.  My actual birthday was Friday, and it was full of sweetness, thanks to kind messages on face book; a special gift from a special friend; David, Andrew, and Grace met me for lunch;

Abby didn't get to meet me for lunch because she was at school, but she sure did look precious on her way to school for Go Texan Day!

 One of my precious birthday lunch dates...

My other precious birthday lunch date...

...we had dinner with my dad and in-loves (in-laws). 


One of the biggest highlights of my day was getting to face time with the best friends that a girl could ask for.  While we are 2,000 miles apart, getting to participate in girls night was such a treat that my excitement and laughter woke up 2 out of the 3 sleeping children in our house…  Oops!

Excuse my confused look, they were coaching me through how to take a screen shot picture :-)

Now on to the hilariousness that Abigail and Andrew exude…  You see, the kids couldn't fathom the idea that I might not have a "birthday party," so they have been on a mission to plan me a birthday party for weeks now.  Since the Olympics, the kids have been obsessed with the idea of ice skating (Abigail wants to do the pairs figure skating and Andrew hockey).  I made the mistake of JOKINGLY stating "maybe mommy should have her birthday party at the ice skating rink"…  Game over, we were committed!  The kids wanted to know when they would get an invitation to my party, so my less than crafty skills were exhausted as I made them invitations for my ice skating party and the day (Saturday) couldn't get here fast enough (for them :-).  We actually had a fantastic time ice skating and I'm pretty sure that if we let them, they would still be ice skating.  My favorite part about my "birthday party" was how hard the kids made me laugh with their comments…

Before we got on the ice, Andrew said "Mommy don't do any twirls so you don't hurt yourself!"

Andrew was convinced if we cut a hole in the ice, there would be a walrus underneath.  Abby saw a lady (adult) skating confidently (nothing fancy, just skating…) to which she said "she's good, she must be in the Olympics!"  Of course she is, you know that event in the Olympics where people get a medal for skating in a circle without having wobbly legs or falling down?   That must be the one :-).
The kids were fearless and did far better than we could have imaged, however, you know what it's like trying to keep the kids on their feet while playing linebacker (keeping all the other wobbly legged kids and ADULTS from taking your kids out).  We sat down for a snack while they cleaned the ice and Andrew said "I didn't know that skating would be so easy"…  yes dear, easy when your mommy and daddy are working overtime to keep all 46 pounds of you on your feet :-).  I convinced Andrew to skate with David a good bit of the time because Abby is only 40 pounds (soaking wet) and far more coordinated, making my job easier.

Today, Sunday, David and I led worship in Children's Ministry which is always a blessed time, Grace spent the entire time (an hour and a half) in her class at church and loved it, and then Andrew had his last basketball game...  


Here is what I'm praying over you this week, sweet Village (just in case you are anything like me ;-).

Two of my biggest temptations are to worry and hurry, so I'm praying that we can cling to this verse and this Christ-like trait...

"Philippians 4:6 says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

AND


Much love, appreciation and (((HUGS)))!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! It sounds like it was a wonderful day, and so fun that you got some ice skating in! I just had that experience of keeping someone afloat, and that is quite the workout! :) Always enjoy reading your blog, thanks for the verses and reminders. :) XOXO. Julie